Thursday, July 26, 2012

Interview! Meet one of our friends!

Meet Haiyao (Hazel) Zheng, a Curtis High School student, who has always been interested in environmental issues. She volunteered with the EAA for various projects including plating trees in NYC.


We took some time to sit down with Hazel and asked about her experience with volunteering for EAA. And here is what she has to say!

Q. Were you interested in environmental issues and volunteering before? 
A.  Yes. The environmental issue that concerns me the most is tree quality in the city. I’ve had volunteer experience with EAA by helping them plant trees.

Q. Which topic is the most interesting to you and why?
A. Recycling is the most interesting topic to me because it saves resources and has a significant impact on our lives.

Q. For that, what do you do in your daily life? (Please share your example.)
A. I organize unused papers and water bottles for recycling.

Q. Volunteering is one way to help save the environment. After volunteering, do you feel that your life is different than before.
A. Yes. After volunteering, I found my life to be different than before, because I learned a lot of interesting information that I can apply to my everyday activities.

Q. Any comments to encourage others to volunteer with EAA?
A. Volunteering with EAA is a great way to learn about how to save the environment, while at the same time giving back to the community. They gave me the opportunity to enrich myself and my community. The feeling of satisfaction that I get from volunteering with EAA is by far one of the best I’ve felt in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment